In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finished my grading


As some of you know the worst thing about being a teacher (besides teaching I mean) is grading. I had some final examinations to grade for my IB students-- 21 mostly well written essays--that I had to get through over the break. Actually I put off grading 14 of them until yesterday. But then I reached the bottom of the pile. Now I have added them to my gradebook. So for one class I am finished. Actually I am mostly finished with school. I have two study halls, and two classes that are mostly finished. Now I have to just focus on two classes. Not too shabby really. I will have to teach for about six more weeks, then have one week to review the kids, and then it is final examinations for everyone and administrative work at school. It is only April 12th and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (tunnel still being two months away though).
Then it is on to summer vacation. I will be heading to London and Atlanta, and then back to London and then on to Kuwait. I now have to decide what to do with the four weeks on my return. Is it back to Yemen or on to Thailand? Right now I am leaning towards more Arabic course in Sana'a. But there is still some time to mull over everything.
Well have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home