In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Some notes on June


Well June is now eight days old. I guess it is time for the circumcision. Or maybe I will wait for a few more days.
School is drawing down. I will be leaving for London on Wednesday and then arrive in Atlanta next Monday. I am looking forward to a kind of low-key vacation. Not too stressful. Or at least that is my plan. Stress comes with the territory sometimes. I am mostly looking forward to just hanging out a bit with friends and family.
Of course every summer when I am away from Kuwait I miss her. I really do like it here. I know that ousnds weird, since there are many things I don't like but I like being here. Over the weekend I rearranged my apartment. I put a chair in my bedroom and moved a bookshelf and you know it felt so nice. It was mine. So I was happy to fix my things up.
Of course there is always August hovering far off in the distance, but I am also looking forward to that. I have had a bit of good news. I was made one of the school's Model United Nations Directors. So I will finally get to make that trip to the Hague that I have always wanted to. When I was in high school I participated in the MUN but wasn't chosen to go on the trip. Then in Beijing I was involved with the program for two years. We went to a conference in town called BEIMUN which was a lot of fun. So now I am really looking forward to doing the conferences here in Kuwait and going to the Netherlands next winter.
I am also looking forward to the start of the new school year. I have good classes, mostly good kids, great teachers and administrators to work with. So I am hoping my sixth year is a great as my fifth was. But that is still three months away.
I guess the other big news is in politics. I am stunned that Barack Obama is the Democratic nominee; stunned because I actually supported him. I never get the candidate I want. So these are big days for me.
Well I am off. One last thing, I hope to see a bit of baseball this summer, so if you want I will have a chili dog for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home