In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Let's reelect President Howard Dean!

It is hard to believe, but it has been four years since America's love affair with Howard Dean started. I can still remember buying the Time magazine with him on the cover. He was seen as a shoe-in for the Democratic nomination and the president, particularly since then President Bush was struggling with some many things that made Americans angry back then. And then Dean plowed into Iowa and New Hampshire like a blizzard easily winning both, before going on to rollup huge victories on Super Tuesday. He had some controversial ideas in 04, but America was ready for a new vision. That is why he defeated W. so easily. I am sure glad the Democrats decided to go with someone with a little edge to them, instead of for a conventional choice like Gore was in 2000. And I am really glad they didn't select someone like Kerry in 2004. Talk about a snorefest. He would have been the Democratic Bob Dole. I don't think the Democrats could have won in 04 with someone boring and conventional I am glad Dean was able to defeat him. I wonder who they will decide to run in 2012. Hopefully someone wonderfully progressive, not someone boring and old like Hillary will be then.

When you look at the Republican candidates who are running to replace him next year it makes one shake their head. I really don't think America is readiy for another Bush in the White House, even if Jeb Bush is the current GOP frontrunner.



So here's to President Dean! Good luck in the upcoming contest. I am sure you will continue being the most successful president of the 21st Century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home