In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ramadan Kareim

Okay, so Ramadan is almost halfway over. I haven't logged on in a while. Been kind of busy I guess. This year I have tried my best at fasting. It is hard and it affects your dreams, let me tell you. But I have been good. I have been getting up at three in the morning to fix breakfast, before the first prayer. Then back to sleep and waking again at seven for school. Going all day without food is tough, but water is so much more difficult. Last year I managed to go eight days without giving in to the temptations of the tongue and lips and throat. Now I have managed to go almost fourteen (sunset isn't for about three more hours so I don't want to tempt fate by saying I have completed fourteen yet). Hopefully the remaining 15 or so will go as well.
The weekends are the most difficult days for me. Of course I can sleep a little more. Actually last Friday I woke up at three, ate, then fell back to sleep until almost eleven. After getting up for two hours I took a four hour nap. So fasting was easy on that day. I almost feel I owe God another day. A lot of Kuwaitis just reverse their schedules during Ramadan. They stay up all night and sleep all day. I don't have the oil reserves needed for that luxory.
Anyway, that is my Ramadan entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home