In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hillary vs. A Man from Hope?

I am starting to wonder if Mike Huckabee is the Republican to beat. He is from Hope, Arkansas, for goodness sakes. Imagine having two presidential libraries in Hope. I think that is reason enough to support him.

The other reason to support him is this picture. I know presidential candidates are photographed in every possible angle, day in and day out, but this isn't the photo I want to see on a quarter, someday, or on Mt. Rushmore.

Of course maybe I am wrong. Maybe my friend Jeff Lowman is right in supporting his main man, Dennis Kucinich. He seems to be quite the fighter in this photo. He also has a really young wife (younger, even, than Fred Thompson's wife), so you know somebody will be stay up late at night even if he is pouring over policy briefs (maybe someone will be pouring over his briefs, if you know what I mean).
Of course I could be wrong. It is looking like a pretty good political season though. I think the nominees of both parties will be picked sometime between Christmas and Kwanzaa. But of course after lighting my Kenora, I will be too tired to focus on anything that spectacular.
Of course I could be wrong. Bush might pull that coup everyone keeps talking about and never leave. I think that would probably be better for everyone. So there you have it, give me eight more years of Bush please.
And a side of fries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home