In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oh no! Another film festival

Okay not exactly a film festival, but something close. Actually Bangkok is having a lot of them this summer. One theater is celebrating its third anniversary by showing about 200 films over the next month. I might have to catch a few there. Another theater is showing classic American films like "Casablanca" and "Gone with the Wind", over the next four days. Today I went to see "Doctor Zhivago", which has always been one of my favorites. I had forgotten a lot of the details. I mostly remember the birch trees and the snow. It kind of made me want to move somewhere cold. I have been thinking of snow for a while. I kind of miss looking out the window on a chilly day, ice on the sill, watching my breath cover up my vision. I also like the crunching of snow and ice under foot. So maybe after Kuwait I will look somewhere north. Ah, to wear a sweater again and maybe get a down blanket. Oh joy.

Tomorrow I am going to see "North by Northwest."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home