In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The burning of Atlanta

Perhaps Sherman had it right the first time. It looks like Atlanta is going to burn to the ground again. I have been reading about the drought that has been haunting Georgia over the last few years. My father always talks about it. But now things are serious. Atlanta will run out of water in three months unless it rains soon! Run out of water. All of Atlanta. One of the largest cities in America. Can you imagine the chaos? I don't know what will happen if it occurs. Forget Katrina; that will be nothing compared to Atlanta burning to the ground again.
But then again, I guess it could rain someday soon. I wonder what the government plans to do to alleviate this mess. Hopefully they have a plan. Hopefully it won't be like our plan to get out of Iraq.
I used to really like Atlanta. It was a city full of trees. Then tons of people moved in an turned it into a smaller version of Los Angeles, el suck of cities. I guess maybe nature will have a chance to reclaim what it once owned.
Now I wonder what is going to happen to my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home