In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Some new words

I have decided to create a few news words. It hit me yesterday when I saw the word "Bazaar." Hmm! That has two "a's" I gasped out loud. Really I couldn't even get my breath.
So here are my some of my new words and phrases:
Arabgance--The belief that you should be given whatever you want because of your social status or race.
Example: "I couldn't believe the arabgance of some of my students. They thought they should get an A because of their last name."

Bazaardvark--a person whose only purpose in life is to shop.
Example: "When I went to the Marina Mall I saw tons of bazaardvarks, with their Gucci bags and designer mobile phones."
Genetic slip and slide--Describes what happens when your whole society keep marrying first cousins. Lower down on the retardation scale than the "shallow end of the pool."
Example: "When I walk around town I see everyone in charge of the country is a member of the genetic slip and slide tribe."

On porpoise--To do something "accidently." Phrase used by environmentalists when they stretch the truth to further their efforts to do something good. Example: "Greenpeace rammed the Japanese fishing boat on porpoise."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm certainly going to try to remember some of these words! Do you have any more? =)

10:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it, but I may as well ask.... do you know what this is???

Brian DeGraw, Gang Gang Dance

1. Bazaardvark: Opera of the Phantom

My pick for best record of 2008 and possibly for best record i've ever heard in my life. I recieved a CD-R of this in the mail. It was packaged with no return address, and what little information that is included in the sleeve is very intriguing. It states that there exists only one original copy of this recording which is pressed onto mirrored vinyl and was given by the artist to a woman whom he admires. From there on out it has been burned onto CD-R's and sent enigmatically in the form of a sort of chain letter. I received it with a warning that I could only make one copy and send it to one person...and include instructions for that person to then do the same...if these instructions are disobeyed something "very very unfortunate" will apparently happen to me. Anyway...this thing is musically as confusing and romantic and puzzling as its presentation. Soft trance type electronic grooves melt seamlessly into organic field recording sounding pieces that then melt into perfect underwater pop songs with the most haunting vocals my ears have ever been exposed to. I can't quite explain the vocal qualities enough to do them the proper justice they deserve...goosebumps and shivers are on blast through with each listen. The lyrical content suggests that the person who made this is physically deformed and very heartbroken. Anyone who can tell me more about where this thing came from, please do. The only info in English beside the chain letter weirdness and love story,etc. on the sleeve (which is mainly written in whats looks to be Welsh) states that it was tracked in Alaska in March of 2008 and that all songs were written by "D. Jayson."

From: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/147687-guest-list-best-of-2008?page=4

12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home