In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Escape from Kuwait


Why can't I just escape already? I guess Kuwait has a hold on me. I don't know why. But it would be so nice to just run away sometimes. I don't know what I want to escape. Could it be grading? Ignorance? the Dust? Fundamentalism? I don't know. Maybe someday.
Until then I can dream.
Let me show you a few ways I have been dreaming lately.
First I could escape to Yemen. I have a school all set up for a course there. But that doesn't let me escape from the Middle Eastern mentality. Check out Yemen when you can (http://sialyemen.com/).
Or I could escape to China. I have been thinking about living in Yunnan for sometime. I could go and study Chinese. Check out Kunming when you can (http://www.gokunming.com/en/). But then again I have already lived in China and don't know if I want to return to the pollution.
Then again, I could just escape to Thailand. Oh, Thailand. Imagine a year without work. Eating delicious food and not having any worries. So I have been looking in that direction as well. I have found a Thai language school that will sponsor a long term visa (http://www.thaiwalen.com/html/student_visa.html) and have even found some pretty inexpensive apartments in Bangkok, is one of my all time favorite cities (http://prplacebangkok.com/PR_Bangkok_Apartment_Local_Links.html).
Oh but I just dreaming. I still have another year on my contract. So hopefully I don't murder my kids before then.
I was watching an episode of "The Office" recently. One of the workers was excited when they were talking about closing down the Scranton branch. When they didn't he said: "Well, I guess Costa Rica will still be there when I retire. At 65." Poor bastard. That is how I am feeling.
Well adios amigos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home