In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 10: "1968: the year that rocked the world"


As many of you know I love history. I spent a large bit of my summer pay on books. And still I go out and buy more.
I picked up this one in London last week and finished it today. It looks at the year 1968, a year that hippies like to lament about (I think it was the year they gave up soap for good or something). It looks at many of the events of that year, such as the campus riots, the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia, women burning their bras (which they didn't I guess), and the elections and assassinations of the year as well.
It was a quick read, though it was almost four hundred pages long. It was a smooth as silk, creamy as butter and sweet as honey. In other words, a very sticky book. Actually the author has written books on salt and cod, so if you are into salty fish and not into politics, etc., then maybe you should try one of the others.
Well that's all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home