In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Left

There is a sadness that comes with leaving any place you have been for a while. I spent six years in Kuwait so you know I would feel sad. I had a friend picking me up at 3 pm for the ride to the airport. I was waiting in my apartment but then the maid showed up and kind of spoilt the mood of departure.
When I arrived at the airport I said goodbye to my friend, gave the bags to the Indian man with the cart and then a few minutes later I went to check in. My bags were too heavy but the flight was mostly empty. They said it would be no problem. Then I checked in and like that my feelings of dread of leaving evaporated. And then I was free of Kuwait.
I am sure that this is some kind of culture shock but I was happy to leave.
Arriving in Bangkok I was worried that my hotel would make me wait since I was so early. They didn't. So I was able to check in 7 hourse early. I love being in Thailand. My room costs about a quarter of what the room I stayed in Istanbul costs, but it is three times bigger and has a pool. I don't know why people travel anywhere else.
Well that is a brief update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home