In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, April 21, 2008

I have lived longer than Elvis


Elvis died when he was 42 years, 220 days old. I turned that yesterday. Today I am 42years, 221 days old. So I have lived longer than the king! The fact that Elvis died so young is so shocking. I feel like I could live a lot longer (God willing). It is hard to imagine someone dying at my age (minus one day).
When Elvis died I was eleven, almost twelve. That was the summer of Star Wars. Elvis had gotten all bloated up and was addicted to all kinds of medicines. I used to be thin, but now I am bloated up but not addicted to anything besides caffeine. So I guess I should count my blessings.
I wish people like Elvis had have vacationed more. He could have disappeared into the woodwork somewhere. Actually many people feel maybe he did just disappear instead of dying. I don't know about that but I guess he just gives hope to some people. He does make up a part of the Southern Trinity (along side Jesus and Robert E. Lee), so maybe he is out that somewhere watching over us all.
Well I hope you're okay wherever you are Elvis. I hope to meet you someday, but hopefully that will be far off.
"Thank you very much."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home