In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, September 01, 2008

Ramadan Kareim


Well Ramadan started last night and with it comes fasting. I woke up at 3 am to have my breakfast. It was a nice breakfast. I had oatmeal, an orange, a glass of tea, a glass of orange juice and a yogurt. I am actually not feeling too bad today. I can eat in about five hours and I am planning to do what most people in Kuwait do: take a nap this afternoon. Is that cheating? I don't know. If it is, then everyone is doing it. The hardest days of fasting for me are on the weekends. It is too hot to do anything outside and all of the restaurants are closed. Plus if you are fasting you cannot eat or drink anyway (so maybe it is best that everything is closed). But when you sit at home you get antsy and want to eat and drink. I would rather be in school.
The first 20 days of Ramadan aren't as difficult as the last ten. During those last ones, Muslims are expected to say extra prayers at night. So everyone is hungry and sleepy. Since I am not a Muslim (yet anyway), I don't have to worry about those last few days.
So I am now at school waiting for the school bell to ring. Then I can go home and curl up in my bed. Then I will wait by my tv watching them shoot the cannon off in downtown Kuwait. After that I will drink a cup of tea, eat some dates and maybe even have an orange. Then I will think about dinner.
Well wish me luck on another Ramadan journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home