In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 13: "The Secret History of the World"


If you know me you know I am a bit of a freak when it comes to reading. I will read most anything, particularly if it is related to weird ideas about history. Well this book would seemed to have been just the perfect fit for me, and in some ways it was. It told the history of the world as told by secret societies. So I learned a lot about angels, the battle for heaven and hell and what influenced the great minds of history.
All in all it was a pretty good read, but I did have a few faults with it. Mostly I didn't like the lack of citations. I always tell my kids to cite if they are saying something amazing. If you are writing about Thomas Jefferson you don't have to cite if you say he wrote the Declaration of Independence or was a slave-owner. But you should cite, if you say Thomas was visited by aliens and taken away to Xenu. Well this book is full of moments that are amazing. And I know they are in the books that the authors puts in the back of his book, but it would be nice to know where exactly I can find this information. Page numbers please.
The ending of this book was also kind of weak. So I would kind of recommend it, but only if you have nothing better to read in the summer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home