In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Next stop...


October is as good enough a time to think of what to do next in life as any. I am thinking...of leaving Kuwait. I don't really know why at the moment, but am starting to think that maybe it is time to do something else. So I have started to look for other teaching jobs overseas. It is not that I am unhappy here. I find that I am quite content. I just am starting to think it is time for another adventure. So I have started to do a little research. I am looking at schools in the former USSR. You will notice I am starting to do some reading on this area. It is actually one of the places I have always wanted to go. A friend of mine taught in Uzbekistan and he liked it there. So I have been looking at the school there (www.tashschool.org). Right now there are no openings, but it is still early. I interviewed with a school in Russia a few years ago, so I might look into that as well.
Of course the big question is should I go to a job fair, if I decide to leave? If I do, I will more than likely go to the one in London, which is where I got my current job.
Again, Kuwait has been very, very good to me. Should I leave? I still don't know. Just thinking???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home