In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 19: "A History of Israel: From the rise of Zionism to our time"


Some of you might be wondering where I have gotten all of this time to read so many books. Actually the answer is two-fold. First of all it is Ramadan. That means things are closed during the day. So I have been spending much more time reading. Secondly, I have been finishing books that I have started in the past. This one is an example of that. I have been reading it since about 2004. It is 1020 pages long. Too my credit I did read the last 140 pages of it over the last few days.
It tells the story of Israel from Theodore Herzl to the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. There is a new edition, but I read the second. I wish the author would just issue the pages that I haven't read. Then I could also read the third.
It was a meaty history. Lots of details. 1020 pages is a lot for such a small country, but Israel has experienced quite a lot of history in the last 150 years or so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home