In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 20: "Micronations"


It isn't every day one sits down to read a travel guide. I don't know if they even count as books. But this one was different. It looks at little countries throughout the world that people have declared in their backyards as well as strange places like Sealand.
It was a weird look at a weird world of kings, queens, emperors, and just good old fashioned nut jobs (not to say kings, queens and emperors can't be nut jobs). I didn't realize it was so easy to declare yourself independent. So henceforth, Apartment 20 declares itself independent from Kuwait and from the building. Anyone coming in will have to have special permission. There will be no taxation in the land. (But then again there are none in Kuwait.)
(The picture is of the view from "The Right Honorable Principality of Apartment 20.")

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger hackpacker said...

Glad you found the book 'weird' and have been inspired to start your own micronation.

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home