In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Countries, Territories, assorted rare states I have visited 3







This entry chronicles my big move to the former Confederate States of America. That occured in 1969. I think the Band was singing "The Night they drove ole Dixie down" at this point. We moved from California to a house in Tennessee without a proper toilet. We had a good time though. We picked blackberries and ate cobbler. We went down to the creek and got watercress. We had a dog named "Girl." My grandfather lived with us, and he would sneak off and drink beer. He would often bring me a Dr. Pepper though, so I forgave his funny beer-smell. This stamp celebrates this former country. The sign speaks for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home