In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Another New Year (but a little late)


I know it is kind of late to be thinking of New Year's Resolutions. I actually came up with one in January but my mother's death kind of postponed me completely implementing it. It was the "I am going to walk two hours everyday" resolution. I actually started it in January, but have been gone for two weeks. Yesterday I picked it up again, and today I actually went for the needed time. Let me tell you something: my feet are tired.


Another idea I have been batting around for awhile is film school. I had actually planned on going last year for a summer course with the New York Film Academy (www.nyfa.com) but postponed it because of my mother's declining health. When I received word that my mother had passed over I decided then to pursue this interest. So I am signed up for this summer in Paris. I still need to pay and to get an apartment but I am already working on both of those. So if anyone is in the city of lights this summer do let me know (all three of you who might or might not be reading this). When I told my brother Danny about my decision he called me "The Woody Allen of Bradley County." I might have to have some business cards printed up.


The second resolution is about finishing more of the books I start to read. I begin a lot of books and finish a lot less. So this is the year of finishing. I am hoping to finish over twenty five books in the next year months (beginning with February 1st of course). Based on what I have been recently reading I would say this year will be dominated by three major themes: France, Existentialism and Judaism. So I guess I will keep myself entertained anyway. I will try to report back whenever I finish something. (Of course I might try to start a few books as well.)


I have resumed teaching. I really love the second semester of the year. It is all downhill from here. I am hoping my seniors just don't get too antsy and think that the year ends in April. Will have to wait and see.


It is weird to be motherless. It is also weird to increasingly becoming Knoxvilleless as well. Most of my friends there are moving away. I guess I will soon have to just visit them elsewhere. It does seem strange though since I have always considered Knoxville my home (at least for the last 22 years).


Well that is it for me. Now I get to do the thing I love the most: grade! Aaaargh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home