In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Now that's a crappy day at school


My friend Mike Hinton wrote me an email recently describing another wonderful day at his school. Too be honest we have a fair amount of problems at my school in Kuwait, but nothing compares to what Mike sends me. Next time I think of moving back to the states I will just reread the letter.


"Here's an example: a kid monday at our school was upset over having to end one activity and move to the next subject. so, he pitched a fit and promptly stood up and shit himself. really. then, he worked the pantleg to let the dump fall to the floor around where he stood, after which he stomped his feet in it and proceeded to deliberately track it all over the room with his shoes. he was carried to the bathroom and told to remove his shitbritches in a stall and wait there for the deadbeatparent to come to school. so, he removed his britches and slung the shit all over the boy's room. an hour and two gallons of bleach later, the class was able to leave the hall and go back into their room. punishment: none, for fear of legal actions or complaints to the school board. another typical day at the assylum! later, mike."
So next time anyone asked me why I teach overseas, I now have a quick surefire answer.
Less than a week until I am in Sri Lanka. Yippy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home