In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pictures from Kuwait part one


My friend Mike is always asking for pictures from Kuwait. Okay, I guess I need to buy a digital camera. Until I do, I will just have to steal photos online.

So you thought the pyramids were in Egypt? Think again. We have our very own Hard Rock Cafe. Believe it or not we have the only dry one in the whole world. Imagine all of the joy that comes from a lamb bbq sandwich and an ice cold non-alcoholic beer!
Here are a couple of lovely Kuwaiti ladies, all dolled up and driving around town. Women can drive in Kuwait, unlike Saudi Arabia. Kuwait has one of the deadlest road systems in the world, so make sure you look both ways twice. Two years ago women also got the right to vote. They voted in the last election. Many women in Kuwait wear the hijab (head scarf). Some also wear the full veil. Others walk around in short skirts. They are many types of women here.

Finally, here is a picture from my favorite part of Kuwait, Kuwait City. You can see the Liberation Tower in the background. Kuwait City is where we go for more authentic Middle East cuisine and there is a nice souq (market) there as well. I was going to go tonight, but tomorrow might be Eid, so I thought somethings might be closed.

Well I will update this information later.

Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home