In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

greetings from abroad


it has been a long time since i just sat down and wrote something. not much to write about really. no love affairs to report on. no deaths. no car bombs in my neighborhood. i also haven't gone out and adopted that black baby from malawi like i have always wanted.

of course i could always write about my 9 day holiday that i am currently on. but that would just make my friends at home mad, since they are probably working.

but anyway, we are having nine days off now for eid, the holiday that follows the ever-explosive month of ramadan (often referred to as a holy month). it is a nice time to relax. today i spent a good deal of the day at home, recovering from an upset stomach, reading a biography of Khrushchev, taking a really nice nap (my hand fell asleep and i had to shake it awake), and watching season five of "24." so all in all, a pretty damn good start to the day.

many of my friends are now travelling, but i am taking a travel vacation at the moment. i just want to relax in the apartment and just not worry about airplanes and cheap hotels. i have also been worried about my mom's health, so i might just have to pick up in the immediate future and head home. hope not though.

tomorrow is another day of vacation. hopefully ramadan will end on sunday. then i can go out and have a big breakfast. not like at cracker barrel, but a pretty good one nonetheless.

oh, and then there are the elections. i think the dems will do quite well. i am sure all of my friends in the states will be happy for that. then there are only two more shopping years until there is a new president. i am not sure who will win that one, though i expect to see al gore somewhere out there in the field. hillary, i don't don't about.

well that is me for today. now i have to go and run a mile and a half. i am hoping to regain my air force figure (without having to do all of that saluting).

cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home