In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Watching "Garfield 2" in Bangkok

Well I am going home. Finally got my ticket. Decided to leave a few days early so I could organize for my new school year.

I have had a fantastic vacation. I love Southeast Asia, but boy I sure don't love the humidity. I am really looking forward to the dry climes of Kuwait.

Of course Bangkok is one of the world's greatest cities, and it would be easy to accept a job here if one ever came up; but to be honest, at present I have my mind set on Africa or other parts of the Middle East. I am starting to really like it there.

But I won't complain about Thailand. Last night I saw "You, Me and Dupree," a pretty funny movie starring Owen Wilson, Kate Hudson and Matt Dillon. Owen Wilson was wearing the greatest tee shirt. I managed to find the image for it today. I just wanted to keep it with me forever, so I didn't forget. Speaking of great tee shirts, this has been my summer of tee shirts. Fortunately it has also been my summer of cheap laundrymats, or boy would I be stinking, at least a lot more than I currently am. Of course the great tee shirt of all time has to be the "Free Winona" tee shirt that Winona Ryder wore after getting busted for shoplifting. That took a lot of chutzpah. Of course her career has been too hot lately. I guess maybe she will bounce back one day. One hopes so anyway. Who can forget her in "Heathers" and in "Beetlejuice"?

Or maybe the great tee shirt was one I saw in Egypt. I read: "My brother went on jihad and all he brought me was this stupid shirt." It was shockingly funny and a bit dangerous. Kind of like wearing one of those Prophet Muhammad cartoons around Kuwait.

Well, I guess this is the big cheerio for me for a while.

In case you are wondering about the title (and who are you people anyway who are wondering about my titles), it is a play on the book "Reading Lolita in Bangkok." "Garfield 2 is playing here now, and I have run out of other movies to see, but I have yet to stoop that low. Bill Murray why have you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home