In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cinderella


It's not everyday when you meet some named Cinderella, but it happened today. Today, my friend Paul and I went to the Stone House, one of the more famous sites in all of Yemen. It is a house built on top of a rock. While there, we met a woman from Holland named Cinderella. She said her parents didn't know the story when they named her that. She was an interesting woman, who is now spending two years travelling around Africa and Asia. Seems like a pretty good way to spend time. We ended up sharing a taxi back to Sanaa and had lunch together. Just another interesting person on the road of life. I am really looking forward to getting home soon, but the thoughts of travelling the world for a good long while seems so appealing. Good luck Cinderella.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your summer is off to a decent start... lots of changes in the plan though. I'm doing alright but most times wishing I'd stayed in Abu Dhabi at least until I was finished this whole grad class for the summer. Won't be coming home again while trying to study. Big mistake! I've got a headache. talk to you later, Jen

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home