In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Noses and noises

Hey no more bloody noses. I guess I have finally gotten used to life at 22oo meters. So I won't complain about my nose. I will complain about the noise though. If there is one factor that united all Arabs, it isn't their religion or language, culture or heritage, it is their love of making noise at the most un-Godly of hours. I can sleep in the hours when the kids and adults stop yelling (1 or 2 am sometimes) to about 7 or 8 when it resumes. Everywhere there is noise. A friend of mine who is moving to Thailand admires how the Thais are so quiet. I do too. I don't understand why people need to yell.
In other news, things are going okay. Yesterday I bought milk and then this morning I made myself oatmeal. The was a nice change. The other housemates are all pretty nice, but the Nigerians are quite dirty. They throw food on the floor and never clean up. It looks like they might soon be kicked out of the house. They are trying to get jobs here as soccer players. They might be great at that but they will never excell in the world of cleaning up after yourself.

The house also has a cat. It is a little weasly thing that likes to attack. Kind of cute though. I have been thinking of a cat curry for sometime. Yummy.

I need to figure out how long I am going to be here. I guess I should decide in a couple of weeks. I have a ticket booked to Thailand at the end of July, so I might take it. It is nice here, but I really wouldn't mind seeing women out in society, as opposed to being completely covered in black. Just not my style.

Well here is to a good night's sleep. I hope I can get one tonight. At least I have some earplugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home