In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Almost over and out...

Well, the school year is almost over. We are now in administrative mode. The kids no longer come to class, but they are still floating around the school. One boy just asked me if I would mind him hanging out in my room. I said: "You bet I would." I didn't put it into so many words, but that is what I meant. He wanted to hang out for four hours while he waited for his exam. He needs to learn to come in when he is supposed to, not four hours early.

Not much else of note. Had a going away party for a friend on Thursday. Ate a big steak. I really don't like the restaurant, but it turned into a free dinner. So I won't complain too much. I just don't like paying a fortune for a big chunk of meat. It doesn't make much sense, at least not to me. Tonight is the officially going away party for teachers. That will me a more sedate and delicious fare I believe. I can easily get some great meat and vegetables at a local Thai restaurant without having to pay 60 bucks for it.

The weather is now scorching. It has been over 43 degrees celcius everyday (about 110 degree fahrenheit), and the weather is just going to get hotter. I am glad to be going to cooler climates. The low in Sanaa, Yemen was 3 degrees the other day (about 38 fahrenheit), but not it had gotten a bit warm. Nonetheless, I am going to pack a sweater and jacket before I go. I will be there in two weeks. The highs are around what the lows are currently in Kuwait. Should be a nice way not to sweat too much all summer.

Just trying to pack up and finish a few things before the end of the year. I have a lot of materials to file, before jetting off on the 8th of June.

Of course, the end of the year is always a little nostalgic. It is hard to see good friends move on, but there are a lot of dunderheads leaving as well (though not as many as last year). We have quite a number of whiners on staff. They are always trying to bring the school down. Good riddance is all I have to say to those who complain non-stop. I don't understand why people come overseas if they are such babies. Leave Canada and America where they belong, on the other side of the world.

Well I will write more when I have the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home