In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Summer update


Well it is official.

I have finally figured out my summer.

I know that you are sitting there with baited breath going "Just tell us already." I have decided to go to Yemen for the summer. Taking an Arabic course at the Sanaa Institute for Arabic Language(see the picture on the left from their website http://www.sialyemen.com). I decided for a few reasons. First I am really enjoying my time in the Middle East and would like to stay here for a while. So learning Arabic (at least a bit of it) will come in handy. Secondly, I really don't want to travel all summer and sweat like a pig in Southeast Asia or Kuwait. I will be in Sanaa which is at about 7000 feet above sea level, so summer should be cool. I leave here in about six weeks so I am pretty excited.


Last but not least, I have purchased a digital camera. I have started posting pictures on another site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jefflindstrom/

Now the site contains mostly pictures of my trip to Lebanon and from the school talent show. I will add more Kuwait photos soon. And then there will be some from Yemen as well.
Well hope all is going groovy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Congrats on the camera purchase! I suppose there'll be a few REAL pictures of Cindy and I on the site after our visit in May. Did she email you yet with our plans? :)

9:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home