In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Five Day Holiday + Year of the Golden Pig Reading 1: "The Big Show"

Boy did I need a vacation. I haven't even turned on my phone today. It was so relaxing. I got to read a little and do some me things. Went for my two hour walk and got a little sunburnt. Ran into some colleagues. To be honest, I wasn't that excited to see them, since some of the teachers I work with are drips. But then I saw some other people I liked.



Today I wrote to my travel agent. For some reason I had deleted the itenerary on the spring trip I had been planning. I was thinking about cancelling it since I have already spent so much this year travelling, but then I started thinking that maybe I do need a break from Kuwait. So it looks like I will be travelling to Lebanon for about 9 days. And to make things even better, the price of the ticket has dropped! I have even managed to find a cheap hotel in Beirut which I thought was going to be an impossibility and it is near the bus station to boot. Should be a fun trip, unless I am: 1. blown up, 2. kidnapped, 3. kidnapped and then blown up, 4. or,kidnapped, beheaded or then blown up. I think it will be fun though.


Not much to report on. I need new shoes. I have a whole in one of them and my left foot keeps getting dusty. Besides that they are okay. I guess I could get some shoe goo.


Today I watched a few videos. Been trying to finish the first season of "Sleeper Cell," which is mostly about being: 1. blown up 2. kidnapped 3. kidnapped and then blown up. 4 or kidnapped, beheaded or then blown up. Really good show, though. (Shane you should order it from that video club you are a member of; and save Ruth any more episodes of "Quantum Leap") Then I started "The Brothers Grimm," but I lost interest in about ten minutes. I guess I will go back to it, but it already seems somewhat predictable.


Oh and I finished my first book of the new year, which started on February 1st. Maybe I will just call it my Year of the Golden Pig reading. It was called "The Big Show," and was about the Oscars. Appropriate since Sunday night is the big day. I hope Marty finally gets the Oscar he deserves. It sounds like we know one another or something.
Well cheerio.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home