In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Teaching Overseas

I have been teaching overseas for 11 years now. I guess you could say I have gotten used to it. It is recruiting time, which means people I know will be looking for jobs elsewhere overseas. I guess that is okay, since I guess Kuwait isn't everyone's cup of tea.

This year people are going to The Siam International School, to QSI Schools in Azerbaijan, southern China and the Ukraine, to the American International School of Chennai, to the Hanzhou International School. Of course, the job fair season has just begun, so one can only imagine where a few peope will be going next. A few teachers are staying in Kuwait and teaching at other schools. I don't know why anyone would do that since we have some of the best kids in Kuwait. I guess a few teachers are just mad at the organization of my school. I think a few of them have forgotten that teaching is a job. One teacher is going to stay here and write a book; which means he must be crazy, since he could live so much cheaper elsewhere.


Of these schools, the only ones that really interest me are Hanzhou, Siam and Chennai. I would freeze to death in Mongolia.


Of course the biggest worry over the next few months is that these teachers will throw in the towel and just stop working. Hopefully they will finish their contracts in style.


I will update the blog as more filled positions come in.

1 Comments:

Blogger prince said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home