In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, February 09, 2007

another exciting day.

So I have gotten a new computer at school. I have actually learned how to record my cds to the hard drive. Okay, so this isn't new knowledge, but it is a big day for me. So now I am going to bring in my entire collection and record them to my hard drive. Should be interesting. I don't know if I will listen to more than the first song of each track but it is making life more interesting. I am actually thinking of buying some kind of ipod like device for travelling. My cd case is starting to weigh me down. I have gotten so 21st century all of the sudden. I am even buying a computer for my apartment. Golly. Maybe now I will be able to finally succeed in my plans to become an astronaut and blast into the future. I hear NASA might have an opening.



Not too much else to report on. Lots of walking. A friend of mine has a walking competition with some other friends; so everyone is walking. I think I walked about 18 miles yesterday! I am really tired. But it was a fun walk. Kuwait is actually very nice at the moment. Not too hot, not too cold. Pretty soon I am sure these walks will lead to chaffing and that just ain't too much fun.

It is actually a pretty exciting time at school; lots of teachers are getting new jobs for next year. I am staying, which I don't regret, but one sometimes questions the logic of it all. I have some friends and colleagues who are going to China, Ukraine and Mongolia. I don't really envy those choices so much. Another friend is going to Thailand. That would be really nice. I am sure I will see him there in the summer or if I go at Christmas. So much in the world to see.


Still pondering the future. At least I have a job to fall back on next year. I do like it here, mostly. Just not the most exciting place on earth. But it does let me do exciting things and allows me to save a bit of coin.


Been still doing a lot of reading. Trying to finish a bunch of books that I started last year. I am currently enjoying "Nathanial's Nutmeg." I will let you know more about it later, when I finish it.



I have come in to school to do some grading. Lots to do. And then there's lunch... can you guess what I am having?



Well have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home