In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Don't say things like that; and an update


A friend of mine got into a bit of hot water a year ago for saying things against the Prophet Mohammed. Fortunately he didn't scald too badly.


However, this Egyptian man wasn't so lucky. Blogging can be so dangerous in this day and age: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6385849.stm


Lots happening here. My head is spinning. I am on a five day vacation. Decided to stay and not travel. I think that was best. I still have a ticket for Beirut at spring break, but with all of the tensions there I am not sure what I will be doing. Of course, I still need to get a new passport. I will need it this summer for whatever I am doing. Lots of ideas, but nothing quite solid yet (as opposed to earlier reports). Could end up in Thailand or elsewhere. Elsewhere is looking like the clear winner at the present. But then my brain is kind of scrambled. Been messed up for a bit of time actually.
Been trying to finish a book called "The Big Show." It is about the Oscars. Hope to finish it before the Academy Awards on Monday morning my time.
Been walking a lot lately. My friend (of hotwater fame) had a walking contest that just ended. I walked over 120 miles. I have been trying to walk about two hours a day. Today I walked three. By the way, I am still a fat ass. Today I ate two bananas though to keep away the cramps. Haven't had those in a while though.
It is getting hotter. Will sleep now.

That's all. I hope everyone is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home