In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Al Gore Redux


I got up early the other morning to watch the Oscars. The star, of course, was Al Gore. I have been saying for some time that I believe Gore will be the Democratic nominee in 2008. I now think I am correct. His brief allusion to his desire to run was most clever and fun to watch. He was cool, calm and collected. It reminded me of another hip moment from 1968, when Nixon said "Sock it to me baby" on Laugh-In. It will be interesting to see how Gore and the Dems respond to this moment. If you are interested in learning more about this big Al moment then check out the movement at http://www.draftgore.com/index.htm
This is starting to look like an interesting political season.
Just hope that Gore doesn't promise to get us out of Iraq and then start bombing the crap out of Syria, like Nixon, when he promised to get us out of Vietnam, by bombing Laos and Cambodia. I think the Middle East has had too many killing fields already.
So good luck Mr. Gore. Make Tennessee proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home