In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Visitors from Abu Milwaukee, UAE

Well the weekend is over. I had fun. I had two friends come and visit from the United Arab Emirates. Two ladies I met in Sri Lanka. We had fun in Kuwait! Can you believe that? Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend too much time with since I had no personal days left to take. But we enjoyed the time we had together. We managed to go to the Friday Souk, to a Mexican restaurant and to Green Land, a vegetarian restaurant in Kuwait City.

One of my friends will be moving to Myanmar next year. She was undecided before she arrived, but I think I told her how I enjoyed life there a little too often. I think she is going there just to shut me up. Cindy, said friend, was, also, really excited about being able to take the bus in Kuwait. There are no busses in the UAE. That would just be terrible. Jennifer, the other lady, isn't moving anywhere in the near future, so I await my invitation to Abu Dhabi.

Here is a nice picture of the two of them, with some fellows they picked up off the street. And I thought they were just coming to see me. (I think they still look pretty good, for 29.) They said that might come and visit me in Yemen this summer.

I found out that they don't get out of school until the end of June. I am so glad I teach at AIS in Kuwait. We are out on the 6th of June. I can't imagine going too much longer.

Well that's all for today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, and I thought the camera made me look fat.... very nice shots of us and the two Jeffs. ;)

Just so you know though, my students are DONE and I'm nearly free of all work commitments other than showing up and hanging out in the building until my flight leaves on June 19.

Enjoy Yemen!!!!! And of course you are always welcome for a visit in Abu Dhabi next year!

Cheers, Jen

10:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home