In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Friday, June 01, 2007

The End is neigh (of the world that is)

A couple of updates:
Thursday breakfast might be on next year after all. The cabinet approved the new weekend but the Parliament is wanting a study to be done. They said that Kuwait doesn't need to imitate the Jews on their choice of weekend. (They also mentioned how it might affect the traffic, which is somewhat more sensible than blaming Jews for everything).So I might be enjoying scrabbled eggs and olives on the morning I have gotten used to in these four years, not a Friday. That would just feel weird.

Another shocking development is the rain! It is June 1st and it is raining in Kuwait. That is why the world is coming to an end. This weird weather must end. But it is nice to be a little cooler, though I think the humidity will be hell tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have an IB breakfast for the seniors, so I won't be in school until about 10:30! Sweat. We had the Senior Tea the other evening. There were fewer tears this year, but the seniors were happy to be finally almost graduating. I am happy for them. I taught so many of them these last few years.

Also today I picked up some old shoes. I had them resoled. With the trip to Yemen and today's rain the timing couldn't have been better.
Well have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home