In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, July 23, 2007

BIFF, Day Four


Today I slept late. I think all of that time in the cineplex has worn me out. Went off afterwards to see a few films. I was interested in a Korean film, but unfortunately, it was dubbed into Thai. So I went off to see a Hong Kong movie, instead, called "The Exiled." It was about a gangster who had tried to kill his boss. He left Hong Kong, but had returned to Macau years later. So the boss ordered his old friends to kill him. Some agreed, some didn't. There was a lot of honor involved. At first it looked like your standard Hong Kong shootmeup, but then it turned into something else. Unfortunately, it then returned to its shootmeup roots. Not the best movie I have seen in a while.

The second movie I saw was an animated film called "Renaissance." I reminded me of all Jim Steranko comic books, something from the Hernandez Borthers, or something from Metal Hurlant. The animation was mostly black and white, and sometimes quite inventive. It was often quite stiff though. I thought I was watching Ken and Barbie action figures. What the movie really needed was a better story, dialogue and acting. Some of the acting was so terrible I thought it was done by middle school kids. Neat style, but that is about all.

So day four wasn't the best day yet. I limited myself to two films, but I think I may have picked the wrong ones. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home