In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, July 02, 2007

One of the many things I am not: I am not dead

Just watched a little Arabic news. Saw that Yemen was being spotlighted. I wasn't one of the tourists who were killed, in case you are wondering. I am safe and sound.

Actually I am no longer in Yemen. I finished my course and am back in Kuwait. I leave for Thailand in three weeks. I thought Yemen was pretty nice, but a little boring. Glad to be back home. I have been enjoyed my sleep here. Sana'a was so noisy. Gunfire in the streets. Stupid, noisy kids (I really hate kids). Weddings. What was next?

Today I saw Die Hard 4.0 (as it is called overseas). I thought it was just the right kind of summer movie. Lots of things blew up. Actually there were quite a few things in there that I couldn't believe, but, hey, it's Hollywood (blow that up your ass, Osama). I wish we had real life superheroes like Bruce Willis who could just kick all of the bad guys in the ass. Alas, we don't.

Glad I am not in Scotland. That is messed up. Another instance, according to the local news here, where an Arab didn't do it. It couldn't have been him, said one of the alleged criminals fathers. He is such a good boy. Must be one of them Jewish conspiracies. (Those Jews are at it again.) Or maybe Bush is behind it. (At least you know that Cheney is involved.) I am just glad that no one associated with Arabs or Muslims was involved. Whew, what a relief. Where is Bruce Willis to kick some ass. I would even take some lesser known Hollywood star (even Van Damme, though he is Belgian).

Well now you know what I am up too. Thanks for caring.

Jeff

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Marta and I saw Live Free or Die Hard yesterday and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I expected a turd, and got the kind of blockbuster I enjoyed back in the late 80's. We were both pleasantly surprised that the terrorist was a lilly white American and the FBI guy in charge of responding to the terrorism incident was of Middle Eastern descent. That must be a first in Hollywood.

-John (the one in Seattle)

11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home