In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Trip Update One

Well I have now been in India for about six days. It feels like eternity. India really always feels that way.
I have had a pretty good trip so far. The first day I flew into the New Delhi Airport. My friends failed to pick me up. The flight left really late and I was exhausted, so I ended up going to a more expensive hotel for a day. Afterwards I met my friends Cindy and Jennifer. We hung out for a bit in Delhi, taking their new subway in the process, and then we left the next day for Amritsar.
In Amritsar we saw the Golden Temple and went to the Pakistani border for the closing ceremony. It was quite theatrical but a little too patriotic for my blood. Amritsar is a big dirty town. The hotel was okay, but a little cold. On the first night I froze, but on the second I had a heater, until the electricity went out. Fortunately I had brought mosquito coils since we had to kill about 20 before the ligths went out.
After that we headed to the moutains to a village called McLeon Ganj, which is where the Dali Lama lives. I have yet to meet him or to even hear him speak but I was able to have bacon for breakfast this morning. I liked that. Also the walks around here are amazing. Tomorrow my friends want to head elsewhere but I might have to leave them and continue to just stay in the mountains.
Well I will update more later. Now it is time for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home