In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 7: Travelers' Tales: Thailand


As some of you (what is your name again) know, I kind of like going to Thailand. I am starting to lose track of the number of times I have been there, but I think the number is now up to five.
Well liking a place makes you want to know more about it. That is why I bought this book a few years ago. It contains excerpts from a variety of books about people in Thailand. You can really learn a lot in this little vignettes. Yesterday I learned how to make heroin for instance.
Thailand is a really amazing country. I need to go there forever. I am think it might be where I retire, but before then I want to get there to see if I really like it. I think that would be a good plan, anyway.
It has taken me a long time to read this book, mostly because of sudoku. Why is that you ask? Well, this book used to be one of my bathroom books. You know the kind. You have a few minutes to kill anyway on the john so you might as well educate yourself a bit. Some people use Reader's Digest for this, but I used to use books like this one. Well that was until I discovered sudoku last spring in Beirut. (I discovered like Columbus discovered America; it was already there). Well I have become a sudokuholic. Now on the john I spend my precise moments filling in numbers.
Well there you have it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home