In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Countries, Territories, assorted rare states I have visited 4



Kids do the darnedest things. For instance, in 1975, I went to Canada. I had no choice really. My father put me on the plane and off we went. It wasn't much of a trip really, just a stopover on the way to Denmark. We didn't even get off the plane. I only got to look out the window and see the darkened tarmac in Montreal. It wouldn't be until 1996 that I made a proper trip to Canada, to Vancouver (they have one too). I discovered that Canadians are very similar to normal people. They watch Seinfeld, drive on the right side of the road and they even speak English. But it seems like every newscast starts off with something about hockey. They really like hockey in Canada. When I grew up my mother told me that hockey means cow manure. I guess there must be a lot of farmers in Canada if they spend that much time talking about hockey. I guess that's how they grow all of that Canadian bacon and maple syrup. God bless the farmers of Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home