In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

New Orleans' Mayor Ray Nagin to the Philippines: "God loves us more than you."


While Mayor Ray Nagin might be half a world away from the suffering in the Philippines, he still understands the power of nature. But in comments that some feel were insentive to the suffering of others, the Mayor today said that "God loves New Orleans much more than the Philippines." While stunned reporters and handlers looked on, the Mayor continued by saying: "Look, I know this sounds crass, but the evidence clearly supports my claim." Nagin's handlers tried to clear the reporters from the room at this point, but after several reporters asked the Mayor for clarification, he let them have it. "Look here, the Philippines is mostly Catholic, full of prostitutes, and by the pictures I have seen is a real chocolate country, though more of a milk chocolate, you might even say more like a milky tea. They have all of these things in common with New Orleans. Sure we had some tiles slide off the Super Dome and a bit of water damage, but they had complete mountains sliding off their sides. The Bible says that God can move mountains, so I can tell you this much: God sure is mad at the Philippines."

After these final comments the Mayor was led out of the auditorium. While the Mayor's comments might have surprised many in the crowd, at least one theologian, the Reverend Pat Robertson, agreed with the Mayor. "I believe the mayor might have stumbled upon a bit of truth here," the Reverend said. "I mean, God obviously can't worry about punishing school boards, sodomites and New Yorkers all of the time. Sometimes He has to show His glory and anger to all of the world. Let's just say, God's focus is a little more international than your local paper or FOX news."

While other theologians have yet to comment on either Mayor Nagin's statements or those of Reverend Robertson, one suspects that they will in the near future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Values Authority said...

"Let's just say God's focus is a little more international than your local paper or FOX news."

That's a brilliant line and I wish I had thought of it myself.

5:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home