In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Island hopping

Well I am off to Koh Samui.

I have never really done the island thing but it seems like it is time. Bangkok has been nice. I have seen a few friends but the big city is just that: big. It is time for some rest and relaxation. I want to just read and lay around. Can you blame me?

Arabia has arrived to Bangkok as well. If anyone has ever dealt with Gulf Arabs you will know what I mean. Pushy and shoovy. Lots of women in black following their man around. But they go nowhere except for the few blocks in Bangkok which is nice. Don't expect to see any on the islands. Of course many of the other foreigners are just as bad. I heard an old man arguing over 5 baht the other day on the river boat. I felt like just throwing one five baht coin at him to get him to shut up.

Well I am off tomorrow by the train. When I bought my ticket I was told that the night train was for the tourists. But I didn't want the night train. I want to see the countryside. Hopefully I have made a good choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home