In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Maidan Hawalli Vice


It is not everyday that my neighborhood makes the news in the Kuwaiti newspaper, but today on the Arab Times I found this disturbing story about the fatties who inhabit the police station near my apartment. A few years ago they beat up one of my school's maids, after she found a wallet in the bathroom. But here is the official story from the newspapers website:

Rape victim ‘maltreated’ in probe:
The Bahraini woman who was sexually assaulted by 11 youths recently said she was humiliated and slapped by two police officers at the Maidan Hawalli Police Station because she refused to change her testimony, reports Al-Rai Al-Aam daily.The victim said she was summoned to the police station and when she picked up two of the suspects from a legal lineup, a security officer walked up to her and slapped in the face with full force and told her to speak the truth. Then another officer walked up to her and did the same, she said.Meanwhile, the victim’s mother speaking to the Al-Rai Al-Aam daily has denied press reports which said the parents of the victim had filed a missing persons report on their daughter.She has appealed to the Minister of Interior to take care of her daughter following news reports published in a Bahraini daily which said she had been maltreated by Hawalli securitymen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home