In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Summer in Sana'a


Well nothing is final until it is final, but it is looking like I might have another month in Yemen to study Arabic. My dream is to just take a year off but if I do that there will be consequences. The biggest being that I might lose the Philosophy class that I love to teach. I am hoping to bring in a lot more Islamic philosophy next year. Surely a year of studying would be beneficial.
Well as I said my summer is coming along. I have finally gotten into contact with my friend in Sana'a. Unfortunately he will not be there this summer when I arrive. However, he has offered me the use of his room in the school's house. This is a real boon. I think it will be free. That means I will save quite a bit of money. It would be nicer if he were there though.
Then the school's director wrote to me to tell me that I would get a 10% discount this summer since I am a returning student. Another friend is also thinking of going so if she does then I will get a 10% commission on what she spends. More money for me.
Yemen is a nice place to be in the summer. The weather is lovely, the people are great (except for the noisy kids) and the experience is just amazing. So that is what my month towards the end of summer is looking like.
Masalama,
Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home