In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Oh snap! I've been enjoying my nap.


Spring break has sprung and I have napped for three straight days. I am not talking normal naps either. I am talking Calvin Coolidge type naps. Coolidge would sleep for 16 hours every day. I haven't been reaching that level, but I have been taking three or four hours out of every day for a little shut eye; and let me tell you: it's been good.
I really think more people should nap. Wouldn't the world be a much nicer place. That is one thing I like about living in the Arabic world: there is no shame in taking a nap. It is actually an important part of the culture. You get up late, drink some tea, work for a few hours, take a nap, wake up for lunch, work some more, drink some more tea, smoke the water pipe, hang out with your buddies, eat dinner, then sleep for the night. If you're religious you do all of this and pray five times a day as well. It is a wonderful system. Everyone should do this. Maybe if the whole world becomes Islamic this will be what happens.
Well I am now awake. It is time to eat.
Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home