In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I dodged a bullet


A few months ago I almost took a job in Myanmar (the country former known as Burma). In the end, I decided to stay in Kuwait. For a variety of reasons really. Now I am so happy I decided to stay. I went there a few years ago and thought it was an okay place. Now I know better. How so? Well today I finished watching the newest Rambo film. Let me tell you, I learned a thing or two about Burma. That is one scary-ass country. I mean it seemed nice when I visited but now it is full of madmen, who try to rape white women. And not just any white women; I'm talking Christian missionary white women. Fortunately John Rambo was able to save the day.
Actually I am now a little scared to even think of going to Southeast Asia. Thailand seems nice, but what if Rambo discovers something about it that scares me. Look what happened after he helped free Afghanistan from the Taliban? That country fell apart. I just hope he doesn't discover something about Kuwait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home