In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Daytime littering is back!


One of the many hardships one has to deal with in Kuwait during Ramadan is the overall lack of daytime litter. Kuwaitis are the best when it comes to public displays of littering, but that comes to a halt during the month of Ramadan. You see, during this month there is no eating or drinking outside during the day, so people don't just drop their litter during the day. They have to wait until night. So you can really just walking around the town and not see any plastic flying around; well at least until sunset.
But that all comes to an end during Eid. Eid is the holiday that marks the end of Ramadan. It is a time to celebrate with your family, go out both day and night, and litter whenever you want. Boy the streets sure are filled with garbage today. It is the flying plastic that really tugs at one's heartstrings, the crashing of glass bottles makes one think of wealth gone to waste, and the occasional piece of real food that finds its way on the ground is quickly devoured by the cats. But there isn't too much real food actually, just lots of chips, candy and cokes.
So I hope everyone is enjoying their Eid as much as I am. Man I need to get a broom and start sweeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home