In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Going to Shanghai?


I have been doing a few interviews for next year. Last week I spoke to the director, principal and head of Humanities department with the Shanghai Community International School (www.scischina.org) about maybe working there next year. I have four friends who actually teach with the organization that runs the school. I have been thinking of leaving Kuwait for a while, but now I am sitting on pins and needles. The school is supposed to tell me if they want me on Monday. I have to tell my current school if I will be returning by Wednesday, so this is going to be a very busy week. Fortunately it is midterm week, so I have some time to ponder.
If I am offered the job I am going. I have been dying to get to Shanghai for a number of years. If I am not offered the job, I am not sure what I will do. Is it the right time to be unemployed? Would I like to do something else, or will I decide to come back to Kuwait? SO much to think about. I guess we'll all know the outcome in about 48 hours. Wish me luck, dear reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home