In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Year of the Golden Pig Reading 24: "Jesus Lived In India"

The year of the Golden Pig is coming to a close. Actually since it is the Chinese calender I still have another month to go. This is a good thing, since I promised all of my dear readers (one) that I would finish twenty five books this year, and I am now just on number 24.

Number 24 raises some interesting questions, none of which the writer truly answers. The authors speculates about the connection between Buddha's and Christ's thoughts. There are some amazing parallels, but from that I think he takes it a little too far. His belief that Jesus lived and died in India is interesting, but really could use a little more support. There are some interesting ideas here, but it just needs more documentation.

I sometimes wonder about my book choices. This one started to remind me of some of the books that my mother used to read. So many I haven't fallen too far from the tree after all. I guess life is just that way.

Well happy new year. The year of the Golden Pig will continue for a little longer. but 2007 is almost done for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home