In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Obama did it! Now get ready for the disappointment

Every four years I get excited about the Democrats (except during the Age of Bubba). I guess at heart I am fairly liberal. But then the Democrats screw up and nominate you know who (see picture). I hope this year will be different.

Of course, maybe it is time to move to Pakistan. They have family politics all figured out. Key steps to this kind of politics is: 1. Die, then 2. Give your wife or kid the job. I think that America is sometimes starting to follow this type of politics. At one point it looked like the Bush-Clinton years would continue forever. Can you see Hillary holding on as Presidentress for 8 years, then turning the job over to Jeb Bush for the years 2017 to 2025. Then giving it to Chelsea from 2025 to 2033. Then give it back to Ricky Martin Bush for 2033 to 2041. Surely someone's babies would have grown up by then.

Now maybe that will change. Or maybe I will just be disappointed. If Obama wins I might even think about moving back to America, going to Portland where my friend Larry lives and hook up with that coffee girl he ruined my chances with so many years ago. Of course I guess it all could just be a dream though.


So hats off to Mr. Obama. Keep up the good work man. If not I might just have to move to Pakistan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home