In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Year of the Rat Reading 26: "Political Philosophy: A very short introduction"


I guess you could say this is a short work. It is still about 132 pages long. I ordered this book for my Philosophy class, but now after reading it I am not sure I will use it. It contains many great examples to use in class, but it is a little short on the material that the kids need to know, especially the philosophers that they need to use on their examinations. I might try to use it for classroom discussion but I am not sure if I will use it for the main reading that the kids need. I will have to wait and see I guess.

In far more important news, I don't know what to do for my winter break. Should I go to Thailand? What would Hobbes do? Or should I take the advice of Karl Marx?

Actually if I do go to Thailand I think it is only because there is a Coco Ichiban Curry house there. Is that a pathetic reason to go? Actually I like being there. It is a fun country. I just wish I had a woman by my side.

Well have fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home